These outdoor patio ideas will give you some good inspiration for getting those spaces ready this spring and summer! Plus, read about my top 5 outdoor patio accessories that are perfect for any size patio. These are all budget friendly outdoor accessories.
By the way, check out our new outdoor space with trex decking!
I think you can really make a great outdoor living space with just a handful of items. It doesn’t have to be expensive and it doesn’t have to be perfect! I think it’s best to start minimal and add more later if needed – less is more (except for plants 😊). Comfortable seating and a place to put food and drinks, either a dining set or large coffee table and you can fill in the rest and make it pop.
Top 5 Outdoor Patio Accessories
- Ottoman or garden stool – these handy garden stools make great side tables and the ottomans are perfect to add a pop of color and a place to put your feet!
- Pillows and throws – I like one chunky throw and then a bunch of pillows in different sizes. Striped pillows are great outdoors because they add such an impact – they are a timeless accessory.
- Lighting and lanterns (or candle holders) – string lights are a must! They add the best ambiance at night, as do flickering candles ( get the outdoor luminara ones you won’t be sorry.)
- A set of multi sized planters – I personally can’t get enough of terra cotta pots and I try to add to my collection every year. I’m filling them with perennials this year to avoid having to get plants for them next year. I like a few pots here, a few there, a few more over there – just dispersed throughout your patio area. And here’s another tip – plant something TALL in the bigger planters you have. A lot of times you need height in a corner or something to add drama in the back – you can use a palm tree, hydrangea (full grown), boxwoods, rose bush etc! It’s amazing the difference!
- Shade – either a free standing umbrella or one with a set, this not only gives you much needed shade but something about a nice umbrella just screams sophistication. You could also go with a pergola, large tree etc. Any comfortable, relaxing outdoor space needs some shade options.
Now, here’s some inspiration of outdoor spaces that I’m just in love with right now (and you will be too!) Enjoy!
Outdoor Patio Ideas
I hope this gave you guys some good ideas for your outdoor patios!
Thank you so much for reading and visiting me today!