Last year, I started collecting beautiful hardcover home and garden books. And it feels like I’m always adding them to my wishlist on Amazon. Not only can you obtain pure gold nuggets of decorating wisdom from them, but you can make fantastic decor items out of them! I love a stack of fresh hardcover books on a table or perched up on a bookshelf. Plus, it’s a great way to give another item height – like a candle or other decor accessory. You simply put the accessory on the stack of books and voila! You created a pretty vignette. I’m going to make a tradition highlighting my favorite decorating and garden books of each year here on the blog. First up – the best decorating books for 2018. Click the links below to read a little more about what each book is about or take a sneak peek inside!
I hope these books inspire you like they have inspired me.
Oh and by the way – if you love DIY and Craft Books – check out the best books for DIY and Crafters too!
- Surf Shack : Laid Back Living By the Water by Nina Freudenberger
- The Kinfolk Home : Interiors for Slow Living by Nathan Williams
- Veere Grenney : A Point of View on Decorating
- Remodelista by Julie Carlson
- Suzanne Kasler : Sophisticated Simplicity
- Thomas Pheasant : Simply Serene
- A Place to Call Home : Tradition Style and Memory in the New American House by Gil Schafer III
- Habitat : The Field Guide to Decorating by Lauren Liess
- Remodelista : The Organized Home by Julie Carlson
- Simplicity by Nancy Braithwaite
- Nora Murphy’s Country House Style
- Small Space Style by Whitney Leigh Morris
So tell me – what are your favorite decorating books? I’d love to add some more goodies to my list!