Well, we’ve managed to get a little bit settled in our new rental! It’s been one heck of a weekend. I’m pretty tired. I’ve also decided that now would be a good time to completely overhaul my Etsy shop. I don’t know why I always do this – I feel like I’m pulling myself in twenty different directions right now and it’s making my head spin. Some of those listings were just not doing it for me anymore and I’m looking for a more cohesive style all around. Stay tuned.
The progress on our house in these last few days has been nothing short of amazing. It’s now completely ripped apart! I’m going to take pictures this evening or tomorrow and will show you guys the progress.
In the meantime, I snapped a few shots of our furnished rental to show you the cottage-y cuteness of it! I hope you can pull some mini inspiration from this. I hope to have some better shots for you next time.
Let’s get started!
Mini Home Tour
This home has a light yellow exterior with a blue front door. I love the brick front steps!
From there, you have a little foyer area and a bench with baskets that we use to take shoes on and off and store other stuff we don’t know where to put right now. ha.
The living room and kitchen are all open to each other. They have these beautiful walnut hardwood floors throughout the home. Kind of similar to what we want in our house!
They also have a lot of shelves hung up but I didn’t really bring any accessories or books other than plants to decorate them!
Here’s the kitchen. It’s much bigger than our old kitchen and much more open.
The backsplash is a light green ceramic tile and they have light quartz countertops.
The center island is butcher block. I didn’t get a good shot of it today but in part 2 I will show you more of this great kitchen!
This house is loaded with moldings! It adds a really nice touch. They have a half wall of moldings on all the walls and crown molding at the top. The other thing I noticed? All the door hardware and kitchen hardware matches – it’s all in the oil rubbed bronze family.
You guys – this tub! If I get to actually bathe in it will be a miracle but my kids have and they love it. I always wanted a claw foot tub and I if you ever wondered – they are even better in person. And yes – this bathroom has a marble tile floor too!!
I managed to get a tiny little playroom set up for the kiddos. Please tell me how to get them to actually stay in the playroom for more than 5 minutes. LOL. They bring #allthethings out into the living room. #always.
Since the 4th is tomorrow, I decided to smash two posts into one so I could spend some time with the family. Here are some new and noteworthy for your holiday week!
New & Noteworthy
- Magnolia Bakery Cupcake Recipe – I might have to try it just because!
- Amazon Prime day now officially announced – July 16th-17th. Working on putting together some great finds for you!
- There is something about browsing a really pretty plant shop that just relaxes me and energizes me at the same time. Here is a list of the prettiest plant shops according to Domino Magazine.
- Really excited about this new IKEA collection.
- Lately I’ve been on the fence about using a top sheet with my bedding. I was always a top sheet user. But it never looks completely pulled taut, like the fitted sheet does. It’s always lumpy and bumpy somewhere or strangles your ankles. And if you use a duvet cover and wash that weekly, doesn’t that take care of any cleanliness issues? Where do you guys stand on this issue?