What’s up, friends? I completed another little knockoff project for your weekend. This really fun and colorful pom pom belly basket. And guess where I found the inspiration? Anthropologie!
This is a total Anthropologie knockoff. And you bet your pom poms this was a lot less expensive than just one of these baskets at Anthropologie. I absolutely adore Anthropologie and all their offerings, but their prices are kind of high, right? This basket fetches $40 at Anthropologie. $40!!!
Pom Pom Maker
This pom pom basket project cost about half that (maybe even a little less) – and I’m including the pom pom maker I bought. Which I totally love, by the way. It makes the most perfect pom poms! If you never used one of these pom pom makers before, I made a little video so you could see how they work. I stared at this thing initially like how in the heck??? And the directions didn’t really help. But I figured it out eventually. 🙂
Check out my other Fun pom pom projects!
I love using these baskets for everything from my daughter’s barbies to toilet paper storage in our bathroom. They come in so handy! You can even stick one under your console or open side tables to hide things you don’t want everyone to see (like those really ugly tissue boxes). Why can’t somebody make a cute looking tissue box that you don’t need a cover for? I have yet to find even a smidge of a good pattern or color scheme on one. Kleenex – are you listening?
Quite a surprise to me, but yarn can be kind of expensive! I went to my local fabric shop and they wanted almost 10 bucks for one skein of yarn. Since I wanted different colors that was gonna blow my whole budget. But I found this small yarn collection on Amazon that was so affordable and the yarn worked out great!
OK, so to sum it all up – here’s what you’re gonna need for this project.
- Scissors – sharp ones are best. I use these fabric scissors
- Pom Pom Maker – LOVE!
- Belly Basket– I used the IKEA one and this one from Amazon
- Floral wire (optional) – I used it to attach my pom poms to the basket. You can also tie your pom pom directly to the basket.
WATCH : DIY Pom Pom Belly Basket
- Make your pom poms! Watch the video above for a how-to. You can also kind of follow the pictures below. It’s really simple once you get the hang of it.
- Tie your pom poms to your basket. I attached a small piece of wire to the inside of the basket and used the long ties on pom pom to attach them. You can also fish the ties through the basket itself. It’s a bit trickier but totally doable.
That’s all there is to it! Super easy and so cute. I really love how these pom pom belly baskets turned out.
I’ll be back in a few days with another project for your exterior — DIY landscape lights – exciting!
Talk you guys soon!