The Easy Way to Hang Curtains
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our policy page for details.
Now for this amazing tip!
You Might Also Like This Post: DIY Conduit Curtain Rods
I had to hang two sets of curtains in this room and I’ll be honest – I’m not the best at it. I tend to drill my holes wrong or measure incorrectly and it ends up sloppy.
But not anymore.
I’m sharing a trick I learned from Young House Love.
I posted this to my Instagram in a short Reel (but it’s hard to film and hang curtains by yourself at the same time). You can kind of get the gist of it though…
Related: How to Get Curtains to Hang Straight
You will need:
- Curtain brackets
- Cardboard (cut up an old box)
- Stud finder
Easy Way to Hang Curtains
- First, you want to measure on the window where you want your curtains to hang. I chose 3 inches down from the ceiling and 10 inches wide from the edge of the window frame. It’s best to hang curtains HIGH and WIDE – it gives the illusion of bigger windows and taller ceilings.
- Take a piece of cardboard and measure 10 inches from the side edge and 3 inches down from the top. Place your curtain bracket in this spot and mark the bracket holes with a pen. (Don’t forget to do this for the other side of the window frame.)
- Use a stud finder on the wall and mark any existing studs you find. This will determine if you need to use anchors or not.
- Take your cardboard guide and hold it up against the window frame and up to the ceiling. Drill directly through the cardboard into the two bracket marks you made in step 2.
- Now just remove the cardboard and hang the curtain bracket using your perfectly spaced and measured drill holes!
And that’s it! I hope this little trick helps you too.
So that’s where we stand with this playroom makeover for now. Tune in next week to see how these wood stools turn out.
Thanks so much for visiting today!