If you need some unique and fun Valentine’s Cards for your kids’ classrooms, then you’ve come to the right place. I’ll show you how to make some easy DIY Valentine cards for school with Canva (free). You don’t really need any fancy materials or supplies for this project either.
This post might include affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my policy.
What you’ll need:
- Cardstock– 65lb is good. Keep in mind thick cardstock might get stuck in your printer! (see notes)
- Printer with Color Ink (or you can take it to a office supplies store and have it printed.)
- Hole Punch
- Pen/marker (to sign them!)
- Optional – candy treats, stickers, pencils etc to attach
Note: I recommend you print on cardstock so the cards don’t feel super flimsy. But heck, you can use whatever paper you have and fold them into little cards. Attach a treat to them or don’t. Totally up to you!
DIY Valentine Cards for School – Step by Step
These cards are a little project you and your child can do together. A great way to bring out their creativity.
How to Design your own Cards in Canva …
Ok, let’s get started. Grab your son or daughter. They can pick out the designs themselves (with your supervision, of course!)
- Pop on over to Canva.com
- Click on Create a Design on the left-hand side and then choose US Letter Document from the drop-down.
- A blank page template will pop up in a new window. Under Elements, choose Shapes from the menu on the left-hand side. Click on the shape of your choice. You can change the color and then resize the shape to fit in one quadrant of your page. Now just duplicate (upper right-hand menu) the shape three times to fill in the other three shapes.
- Under Elements, search for Valentine’s Day. A whole bunch of cutesy Valentine graphics will come up. You can also add backgrounds and texts.
- After you are finished, just print them out. Click on the arrow on the top-right menu. I printed ours out as PDF Print.
What to do after You Design your cards…
- Print out your cards on cardstock. I recommend cardstock so they are not super flimsy.
- Cut your cards out with scissors or you can also use pinking shears to create a fun jagged edge.
- Punch a hole in your cards and also in your candy wrapper (be careful not to punch through the actual candy). If you attach pencils or straws, you can just tie them or tape them to the card.
- Use a ribbon to tie the cards and candy treats together. We tied them with a knot but a little bow would be cute too.
- Don’t forget to have your child sign the cards and decorate each one with a little sticker if they want.
Like this Design? Click this button to download your These Cherry cards.
Are these the cutest little Valentine cards or what?
And you’re done! Your kids will have so much fun making these cards with you. In fact, you might never buy Valentine’s Day Card’s again! How about them apples!?
For more awesome and easy crafts for kids, be sure to check out these posts:
- How to Make a Paper Garland
- How to Make Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
- How to Make a Fleece Blanket without Ties