Hi! I’m so happy you’re here! You may be wondering what this site is about? Well, allow me to give you a brief introduction.
I’m Karen and I started Decor Hint back in 2017. It’s kind of funny how this site came together. I have a degree in computers and I’m also a former realtor. So, in a way, it’s like I combined my two loves into a home and DIY blog. (Crafts too!)
Decor Hint is all about inspirational DIY projects, crafts, and home decor. It’s a place where you can find creative ideas and step by step projects for your home and your heart. In short, I want to encourage you to get more creative and make your own things!
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use the more you have.“-Maya Angelou
Currently, I have well over 150 resources, projects and posts for you here. And it’s growing every week. The best way to stay up to date is to follow me on bloglovin. That way, you get notified every time there’s a new post!
You can sign up right here …
I’ve created this page to help you get started. Pick a topic of interest and see what’s inside. let’s go!
- Home Tours – featuring the before and after of our new galley kitchen, Hannah’s room makeover and more.
- Tips & Tricks – sharing my tips and tricks for your home and decor, like how to hang a wreath on your door, how to get cheap curtains to hang straight. Also sharing fun finds here – like these beautiful machine washable rugs. And all my favorite easy and natural cleaning tips!
- Home Projects – check out all the projects we completed in our home both big and small, like our stair runner install and this adorable DIY pinboard.
- Organization – “For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned.” If I could come to your house and help you organize, I would be there in a heartbeat. For now, I’m sharing how I organize our home right here, like our pantry organization.
- Paint – I have some fun painting projects for you, like how to antique frames. And there’s more there too!
- Sewing – ‘My soul is fed with a needle and thread.’ So many fun sewing tutorials for you here. Make your own pillow covers and DIY bunting for your kids’ rooms. And much, much more.
- I also have a bunch of simple, rainy day, kid-friendly crafts. Everything from candles to woodworking to holiday ornaments.
- Macrame – You can’t stop once you start – you’ve been warned. It’s not as hard as you think. Make things like macrame wall hangings and even macrame ornaments.
Other people love these posts, and you might too …
What are you looking for?
Looking for something specific? Just enter it into the search box below.
Shop these Favorite Things
Thanks so much for being here!