Superbowl time is here! Well, almost here. It’s only a couple weeks away. Can I admit that I really love the superbowl for the commercials? I just love the funny ones and the ones that really pull at your heart strings. I also love watching the Today show the next day to watch them recap and discuss which commericals bombed and which ones triumphed. Oh yeah, and I love any excuse to make really, really good food. I’ve rounded up some really awesome superbowl party ideas, both decorations and recipes. I can’t wait!
Superbowl Party Decorations
These decorations are all pretty easy to throw together. Throw in a bunch of balloons in the team colors of your choice – and you’re set! I actually love Oriental Trading for their ideas (which you could just buy or DIY) and Party City. Galvanized tubs are also usually present when we entertain. They fit in with every theme and they make it look like a party! Don’t forget some fresh flowers or greenery for your home too.
- This idea is so clever – throw some napkins in a galvanized bucket and call it “Penalty Flags.” Love it! See it at Kara’s Party Ideas.
- Fill up a drink dispenser and throw a sport themed label on it. Click over to the tutorial from Poppy & Blush via evite.
- Use simple white tape to create “football” anything. I especially love the football mason jars and snacks bags. Both DIYs from freutcake.com.
- Both DIYs from freutcake.com.
- Party City Superbowl Balloons! There are a ton of other ideas online. Or – just get some balloons in the team colors of your choice. Done!
- Finally, how about some creative decor ideas from the dollar store? You know me, I love a good bargain! Jessica from Mad in Crafts has some clever ideas here!
Superbowl Party Appetizers and Snacks
Ok , let’s be honest. It’s pretty much all about the food on game day. These recipes below are all popular. And they are great for crowds. Let’s eat up!
Sliders are a great option because guests can grab and go. Get the recipe at Better Homes and Gardens.
I want one of these individual seven layer dips right now. Go to The Girl who Ate Everything to get the recipe.
These look fancy but are not hard to make. They would look so pretty set out on your buffet. Get the recipe for these mini taco bowls at Baker’s Royale.
I was always the one who ordered the pretzel bites with cheese when we went to the movies. And you know what? I still love it to this day. This cheese sauce is a lot less processed though. Get the recipe at Two Peas and Their Pod.
Here’s an idea for how to set up your superbowl party buffet table. Impressive! See the inspiration at foodiecrush.
This wing recipe from Yellow Bliss Road has been shared over 452,000 times! It’s a winner guys! And these crispy wings are baked, not fried, if you can believe it.
Anyone else out there love avocado? I don’t think I’ve ever had Avocado fries though and now I want them. Get the recipe at Town and Country Mag.
If your team wins or loses, either way you will want dessert. These are super cute, easy and football themed!
Little football brownies? Sign me up. Here’s the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
These little footballs look so good. They are actually egg-less cookie dough covered in chocolate. Find out how to make them at Love, Life and Sugar.
These chocolate and mint football cupcakes are adorable. The green is actually non-pareil sprinkles! Go to Martha Stewart to get the recipe.
By the way, if you are looking for a simple, yet utterly delicious veggie dip – then you’ve gotta try this veggie dip. I hope you all get to enjoy the big game!