Decor Hint is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission - at no extra cost to you. Learn more here.
Where to buy vintage rugs online that are affordable and reputable – no long lines or traveling!
I know you’ve seen these gorgeous vintage rugs taking the interior design world by storm. They are all over Instagram and Pinterest.
But, where do you find them?
And at reasonable prices without feeling a bit nervous about the transaction?
Well, my friends, you are in LUCK. I’ve rounded up the best places to buy affordable vintage rugs online. You don’t even need to leave your house or change out of your pajamas. Woot!
And these are authentic vintage rugs – not the lookalike versions (although those are pretty cool, too.)
First, a few tips about Vintage Rug buying.
- Start or end with the rug when decorating – it’s easier to pull together a room that way.
- To clean your vintage rug – ask the seller for their advice first. And know that you can vacuum the tops and bottoms of vintage rugs to keep them in good shape!
- Make sure your rug is the right size for the room. Here’s a great guide on the subject.
- Understand that your vintage rug may not be perfect. Because these are handcrafted rugs, you will get some fading and imperfections in the design. But that’s part of the charm, in my opinion. A bit of wear on these rugs is normal and ok – too much wear is not.
Where to Buy Vintage Rugs Online
So, let’s just dive right in with the options!
1. Revival Rugs
Revival Rugs was founded out of the owner’s frustration with finding quality, affordable vintage rugs. They believe that beautiful vintage rugs shouldn’t cost a month’s rent, or be difficult to track down. So they partnered with their friends in Turkey – and cut out the middleman – to bring you these gorgeous handcrafted rugs, minus the markup.
This is absolutely one of my top picks for vintage rugs. You will find their selection and prices amazing. See their selection here.
This company has been around for a while but their goal has always been the same – to make these luxurious rugs available to the masses. They originally started as a family-owned business on eBay – and when their success took off – so did the growth of their company. They have their own site now full of these amazing vintage rugs – and all at crazy affordable prices. See their Selection here.
- Hand-knotted Peshawar Finest Cream Wool Rug 6'1" x 8'1"
- Price: $514.00
- Hand-knotted Finest Gazni Red Wool Rug 6'6" x 10'3"
- Price: $556.00
- Hand-knotted Royal Mahal Light Grey Wool Rug 5'5" x 8'5"
- Price: $231.00
- Hand-knotted Finest Kargahi Red Wool Rug 3'0" x 10'2"
- Price: $253.00
- Hand-knotted Finest Khal Mohammadi Red Wool Rug 4'11" x 6'4"
- Price: $260.00
- Hand-knotted Jamshidpour Dark Gold Wool Rug 2'6" x 19'0"
- Price: $271.00
- Hand-knotted Finest Gazni Red Wool Rug 5'0" x 7'7"
- Price: $318.00
- Hand-knotted Bijar Cream Wool Rug 6'7" x 9'11"
- Price: $374.00
- Hand-knotted Teimani Red Wool Rug 6'8" x 9'6"
- Price: $397.00
Of course, I have to mention Etsy! A quick search on Etsy will bring up a handful of sellers selling quality vintage rugs, some with fast, free shipping. Here are a few of them for you to check out:
They have some really expensive rugs here but you can also score some really good deals on Turkish and Vintage Rugs. They are usually running a sale so it pays to check back to this site often! You can search via filters to really hone in on that ONE perfect rug that you want - such as age, color, shape and country of origin.
So there you have it! If you have any great additions to the list - I'd love to know. Thanks for visiting friends!