Ok wow! It’s great to be back. Seattle has just experienced two back to back snowstorms and the kids were off from school for almost a week. So – needless to say I got nothing done around here. LOL. Anyways – let’s maximize the storage space you have in your bathroom by utilizing tank trays!
We have a small bathroom here in our Craftsman so utilizing the back of the toilet is a great way to get more storage space. Of course – you want it to look pretty so I’m showing you how I style mine and also a trick for getting it to stay put. These tank trays can be kind of wobbly and slip off if you’re not careful!
Here’s a quick video in case you would rather watch then read …
Tank Tray Tips
I linked the products I used below…
- Keep accessories minimal to keep it uncluttered looking.
- Add a vase of greens or flowers – faux florals and faux greenery keep maintenance to a minimum. Especially in a low light bathroom.
- Use pretty glasses and jars to hold accessories like Q-tips and Cotton Balls – don’t forget to check the Kitchen Aisle for pretty glassware or even thrift stores.
- Add a candle for a sweet smell and pretty glow – great for guests too! HomeGoods, Amazon and TJ Maxx and Target are great places to find pretty, but inexpensive candles.
- A regular tray works well here as long as the dimensions fit – but you can easily make one from a piece of wood (mental note for a new DIY project!)
How to Keep your Tank Tray from Slipping Off
A couple command Velcro strips keep your tank tray from slipping and sliding and you can easily remove it when you need to clean and just reattach.
Just attach them to your toilet tank and push your tray down on top firmly until you hear that delicious Velcro crunch sound! 🙂