I’m so excited to show you some of the best faux flowers that you can buy – rounding up my favorites from my go-to online source.
I don’t know about you but I’m so ready for Spring. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s winter. Maybe it’s the fact that our world has been turned upside down the last two years and we are tired. Mentally and physically. Or maybe it’s because it’s just been cold and damp and rainy for too long around here.
This article may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.
One thing that always cheers me up? Flowers! Both real and faux flowers. But let’s be honest, it’s not always possible to have real flowers and arrangements. So today, I’m highlighting my favorite faux flowers from my favorite place ever – Afloral! They sent me some of their flowers to style for Spring and I can’t wait to show them to you. There are lots of greenery, branches, and floral stems here. Are you ready to add some cheer to your spaces?
Best Faux Flowers
Afloral has a huge selection of florals and honestly – they are a big source of inspiration for me. Just follow them on Instagram and you’ll see what I mean. If you know me – I am SUPER picky when it comes to fake flowers. They better look real or else. Anything that looks plastic or the color is off – forget about it.
While Michael’s and Target and Amazon and Pottery Barn definitely have some good options for faux flowers – I always find the best selection from Afloral. They just have everything because that’s all they do! Everything is shipped carefully to your door, wrapped and packed tightly so nothing gets damaged or crushed.
One of the best things I love about their florals is the length. Too many times I don’t have something long enough to fit in a bigger vase and really add that drama I’m going for. But these faux flowers have that long length that you need to create that look.
Related: Best Amazon Home Decor
I tend to like faux flowers that drape and look imperfect. And there is an art to styling them so they look just right.
Tips for Styling Faux Flowers
I’ll put these tips in a bullet point format for easy reading.
- Faux flowers typically have a bendable stem, don’t be afraid to man handle them so they fall exactly where you want them to. And don’t be afraid to bend up the stems to make the stem shorter for your vases.
- For vases that are opaque, you can gather your arrangement in your hand and rubber band or use a chip clip to keep them fanned out the way you want. Then just place them in the vase that way.
- Sometimes all you need are 1 or 2 stems to create a statement. Less is more. It creates a nice little moment.
- Don’t forget that baskets make great vases! I fill my basket in our entryway with seasonal stems and it looks like I just picked fresh flowers.
- Don’t mix and match different stems too much. Things look best when florals are cohesive. Too many different greens and florals in the mix can look fake.
- Don’t be afraid to clip the leaves off floral stems. Sometimes the florals are amazing and the green leaves are meh. I just clip them off if I feel like they are throwing the whole look off.
- Don’t overlook branches. Branches can be beautiful and their minimalism makes them work for virtually any room. They bring a rustic quality to your spaces and can be very dramatic when they are long.
- You can add water to your vase to make faux flowers look even more real! I would only do this with uncut stems that are surrounded with a green sheath. Otherwise, they could rust and that wouldn’t be good for your vase or your flowers!
- Missing the scent of real flowers? Fake it with essential oils or a floral candle.
Shop the Post
PS: Want to know where something’s from? I POST IT HERE ON MY LTK PROFILE.