Make this colorful and fun DIY pom pom garland. This gives your room great pops of color and is easy to hang and drape on anything. This makes a great addition to your kid’s rooms and nurseries, but also your home office too for a creative spin on decorating. Just three simple materials and you are on your way. It also makes awesome, inexpensive party decor!
Ooooooo Emmmmm Geeeeee.
I love the way this turned out.
Sometimes it’s the simplest DIY projects that make the most impact.
This is one of those projects.
Last week I posted on kids room decor and I was inspired by this pom-pom garland. I just love how it adds so much color and texture to the room. How fun is that?
Definitely a great addition to this kids room or playroom but in all honesty, how fun would this be hanging in your office? If you already have a creative type office with lots of colors, you could totally drape this over something for an added effect.
Oh yea, that’s the other thing. Once I made this thing, I found it super easy to just “drape” on things. Picture frames, chairs, beds, light posts. Ha.
Do you want to make this too? Let’s go!
- String or Baker’s Twine. I used this pretty pink Baker’s Twine.
- Pom Poms. I used these colorful 1-inch pom poms. I just love the colors and I have TONS of pom-poms leftover for another project.
- Blunt needle. I used one of these needles.
DIY Pom Pom Garland Tutorial
Ok, now read carefully because this is very complicated.
Just kidding. This is super easy!
- Unwind a long piece of your string.
- String it through your needle.
- Use the needle to sew through your pom poms.
- You can put little spaces in between the pom poms or make it one solid line of pom poms.
- Tie multiple knots on either end to hold the pom poms in place.
- You’re done!
Tip: If you want to repeat a pattern of colors, just line the pom-poms up and find a color pattern you like. String them all on and then you can space them all out at the end.
Here’s some other great things about this project…
- It’s cheap. The material was inexpensive and I have a bunch leftover for other projects.
- It’s fast. Whip this up in 20 minutes.
- You can coordinate the colors with your current room decor.
- You can make these for parties, holidays and celebrations – make a red and green one for Christmas, a blue and pink one for a baby shower, a green and white one for St. Patricks Day. Etc.
- This garland will make you happy. You can’t see these colors and not smile. True Story! 🙂
- Your kids will love it! (Probably want to watch the really little ones around this so they don’t tangle themselves up).
Transporting this somewhere?
I had a wonderful reader get in touch with me to say she and her daughter had made this for a school project. She asked if I had any suggestions on transporting it.
The string can get tangled on itself if you just ball it up, so it’s best to wrap this around a piece of cardboard carefully to keep it all straight.
So fun and so cute!
Let me know if you have questions in the comments. Have fun!